This information may be something to remember,
as this season will soon be here again...
It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working
in the yard........... BEE STINGS !
A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by both a
bee and hornet while working in the garden.
My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The
clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling
was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular doctor.
The arm was infected and needed an antibiotic. The doctor told
me. "The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite
for 15 minutes".
That night, my niece was stung by two bees. I
looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So, I
taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there
was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic
to the sting.
Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again,
twice by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, here I go again
to the doctor for another antibiotic.
I promptly got my money out and taped two pennies
to my bites, then sat and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took
the string out of the bite immediately.
In the meantime the hornets were attacking, and
my friend was stung on the thumb. Again the penny.
The next morning I could only see the spot where
the hornet had stung me. No redness, no swelling.. My friend's
sting was the same; couldn't even tell where she had been stung.
She got stung again a few days later upon her
back---cutting the grass! And the penny worked once again.
Wanted to share this marvelous information in
case you experience the same problem. We need to keep a stock
of pennies on hand.
The doctor said that the copper in the penny
counteracts the bite. It definitely works! Please remember and
pass this information on to your friends, children, grandchildren.